Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Turtle Birthday Card

Hi Everyone!

Today I made a cute little birthday card for a very special 10 year old girl.  Yes, as much as I would like to keep her tiny forever, my youngest turned 10 today. Double didgets. The big one- oh. A whole decade.  Okay, maybe I am going a bit overboard here. Let me just get on with the card....





This is just a simple little card that combines just about all of her favorite things... Turtles, teal, and the Texture boutique.  Starting with the cute little turtle, which is her current favorite animal.  She was cut at 2.5 inches from the Create A Critter Cricut cartridge. I used greens and teal paper from my ever growing scrap paper collection. Now, my girl is not a super girly-girl, but she does appreciate a bit of bling here and there. To make the turtle a little more girly and still manage to stay out of "the pink zone", I hand cut a tiny bow and added a teeny weeny teal bling to it.  Please don't ask where it came from because I have no idea.  She actually found it somewhere and brought it to me to use in my crafts

The sentiment is stamped in CTMH Lagoon Ink and backed with more of the teal paper that I used for the shell.

Finally, the white background is run through the Sissix Texture Boutique with the Cuttlebug Spots and Dots folder.  

I know it's a pretty simple card- but it is all about her and she absolutely loved it! And isn't that really what birthdays are all about? Celebrating the simple things that make us unique. 

1 comment: