Saturday, August 9, 2014

Everything ABC's- letter P





Welcome to the Everything ABC's Blog Hop!

For this hop we will be featuring the letter P. This may be the name
of a paper, a stamp set or an embellishment. Whatever the crafter has
chosen as their P element will be featured in their post.

If you have just hopped onto my blog, please start at the beginning at Linda's blog~ Scrappy Therapy


If you came from  Wendy Kessler ~ My Scrapbooking Blog then you're on the right track!


For my "P" project, I went way back to my pre- Cricut days. This card is old school and all about punches and polka dots. I started with a White card base, then layers of lagoon and daisy white, with a final layer of honey embellishments with canary inked polka dots.

Punches:
For the lagoon and white layers, I used an old Fiskars scallop edge punch on both sides (sorry I can't remember the name- I've had it for years). CTMH also has a Scallop Border Punch (item z1851) that would work well for this card too. The honey ribbon was cut using the Martha Stewart punch called Infinite Loop Trim. Finally, the circles were done with 2 1/4 inch and a 2 1/2 inch punches and attached with Pop Dots for dimension.  

Stamping:
The sentiment is stamped in Archival Black. The stamp is from the You Mean the World to Me set that coordinates with the Cut Above kits. Finally, I couldn't find any circle stamps as small as I needed.  Thankfully it is back to school season and the perfect solution was literally right in front of me. I used a pencil eraser with Canary ink to stamp the little dots that finished up the edges on the white layer. 


Hope y'all enjoyed my "P" project! Punches, Polka Dots, and Pre-Cricut cuts.

Here is a list of links to the CTMH products that can be found in my online site:
White cards and envelopes
Lagoon Cardstock
Honey Cardstock
White Daisy Cardstock
Canary Exclusive Inks
You Mean the World to Me stamp set

Your next stop on our Everything ABC'S blog Hop is Darlys Recker - Crafty Happy

In case you get lost along the way…go to Scrappy Therapy for a complete list of participants!

6 comments:

  1. What a cute card! I love the eraser used to stamp! Great imProvisation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Positively Priceless use of the letter P!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card! innovative way to stamp polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute, cheerful little card!

    ReplyDelete